Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sunrise & Moonrise

Every morning I get up before sunrise and head out to milk the cow and start chores.  We've been working such long hard days that waking up this early is, well... less than desirable.  However, I am often rewarded with a really neat sunrise or wicked looking fog and colors over the pasture.  Some how, the cool crisp air and quiet beauty of nature puts me in a good mood and reminds me of how lucky we all are to just be alive.

This morning, I could tell it would be a good sunrise.  It got me thinking about how our animals often wake up for breakfast and take in some of the most amazing visuals I've ever seen.  I thought about how most of the hens who lay eggs for our breakfasts aren't able to see much more than her neighbor hen's feathers a few centimeters from her beak.  They never see the light of day, much less a sunrise like this.  I took this photo of today's sunrise as a reminder of how lucky our animals are and how I feel great knowing this is how the hens who gave me my breakfast woke up!


Later that same day I was out collecting the last of the day's eggs and noticed the moonrise was going to be specular as well!  I grabbed the camera, but I was unable to figure out how to do the sky justice.  I still managed to get this cool photo of a turkey who had decided to roost on a fence post for the night.  The moon was huge an really neat looking, but the camera just couldn't capture it (or rather its operator didn't know how)

Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed seeing my photos from the first and last chores of the day.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I know exactly how you feel about nature wowing the pants right off ya, sometimes when you least expect it. Thanks for the vicarious inspiration!

    ReplyDelete